Saturday, March 08, 2008

Lunchtime scene@Raffles Place




Haha!! Today, let me share some interesting fact that i found out as an intern in Raffles Place. Lunch spreE!

Oh my god, I had watch TV programmes which had shown how kia-su Singaporeans can be when they booked seats with tissue paper. I thought it couldn't be real, until I witness it right before my eyes. It's amazing what these tissue packets' potential are.

Once a case where we were looking for seat, Phuay wah, Fang yu and I were searching for seats as the other colleagues have already settled down. Then, i saw one empty table meant for 4. Yes, i sat to book the seat. I told the girls to get their food first...

A short 2 minutes later, 3 typical auntie hiding behind their office wear brought 3 trays and looked at me. Then she shouted, "HeY! This is our seats!"

Poor Melvin: "Huh? Really? Where?" Of course i'm stunned...it was empty.

She looked around and bent down: " there, my tissue paper. You get away, we came here 1st!"

Yes, I obliged. Vynson, our senior colleague, did remind us not to provoke these ladies or men. They turn into beast during lunch time.

I'm really amazed.

After the lunch, they just take out some pieces of their tissue to wipe their mouth and leave the rest of the packets there. If you don't know, you could have thought that place was reserved again.

Damn these inconsiderate people...



Some made use of newspaper as well. It's inexpensive and informative anyway.



Definitely, to some extent...Umbrella can be handy as well. It's a premium booking for the whole table. Amazed?


Haiz... What can I say? Itadakimasu~

No comments: