Monday, July 21, 2008

Virginity - precious?



(taken from pbfcomics.com)

"the average age of Singaporeans experiencing sex for the first time is 18.4. Considering that the average age of marriage is at least 10 years more, it's a safe assumption that a fair number of young people are engaging in pre-marital sex."

Got the urge to post this entry after a discussion with Alvin, Yu song and Xiao Ye on Saturday. I'm caught aback and shock to hear many names of girls at our age (or younger) who aren't "new" anymore. Mostly from my Secondary school..and...whom I'll never expect them to be alright with it.

Teenagers are giving up this "trust" away much easily now. Maybe because I'm still in the traditional kind of thinking, but i cannot accept the fact that my lifelong partner would have been deflowered by some other guy (whom I may or may not know). Do you have the same thought as me? If you do...I presume you're still preserved. Yu song did say it's alright to accept a non-"v" girl - you know why he'd say that.

To me, virginity is like a trust and gift given to your spouse who's going to be with you forever. However, the fact that many teens lost it tells me that..it's no longer that precious anymore. It's like a tool to hold on to your present boyfriend/girlfriend now. What's worse, I doubt they even bothered about it.

Maybe you'll argue that it's the other party that forced me to do it. I see both party as responsible. It takes 2 hands to clap. I think that's why I'm single now... lol! =X

Hopefully after my National Service, the 'one' that I am going to find would well be very much preserved.

Enjoy your week ahead! =P

No comments: