Saturday, January 22, 2011

EXE Agni Warrior


Alright, exercise agni warrior 10/11 was finally over, fatep also completed. Now, waiting for ORD lo...
On the day of flight, really appreciate my parents, sis and zach with Jo for coming to the airport. It was a very unearthly hour, yet they came! Touched! Thanks zach for driving my parents home! =)

ok, to the topic

let's put up some photos of us in action over at Incredible India.
I can't really tell you where we exactly are due to confidentiality... but i guess you roughly know where it is la. =)

Let's start with..a brief pix of our bunk:
it's like a much 'cosy' style of BMT. Yeap, unfortunately I sleep on the upper deck..
Honestly, without friends whom you can talk cock and play around with, it's going to tough there...
Jo, Me, Ray and Lewis! =)

Shortly after we've arrived for 2 days, it's ready for our exercise proper and the real action begins. We set off!
On the tonner with our prized asset.

No time to fool around..didn't record or snap down our deployment procedures (confidential and time constraint) still, this is the end-product of our deployed gun, under camo.

Mission continues bla bla bla...
and me in Action! Yeap, that's my role there~

btw, did i tell you that? I'm the no.3 man (out of the 8 man team) as the APU driver. Basically, I drive this gun (yes, it's self-propelled) and I control the loading mechanism as well.

Oh yes, it's a live-firing so The projectile!

Yeap, swakus as we are, just like previous batches..we signed our rounds!
This is our detachment signature...all 8 of ours!

and next is my personal one!
hehe, Garfield!
with signature...

It's really a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The impact and recoil from the gun is kinda out of the world. Now I can really understand how a nuclear/atomic bomb can cause devastating consequence. Our 155 is just normal HE yet has already high damage potential, needless to say our WP and other much fatal kinds of projectiles!

with only 2 charges (highest for our whole live-firing), we can already feel the back blast so spine-chilling and deafening, I can't see ourself firing with 3 more charges (max is 5). fuyo!

anyway, was greeted by this billion dollars building by one of the richest man in the world! nice eh? It says the 1st 3 or 5 stories are carpark which stored 200 cars. Crazy. How I wish I could have just 1% of his wealth, fantasizing the fortune and life I'll be soaking in...*wooTs*

and last but not least, after 19 days of very cold and very hot weather... we finally make our way back. Nice...
SQ is still the best because it just tells you, you're going home.

No comments: